Before you arrive:
- Read all Pre Arrival Information and familiarise yourself with the local culture and laws and university rules
- Do not take unnecessaryofficial documents with you
- Copy all of your official documents including passport and keep separate from originals (in the event they are lost or stolen)
- If you take medication, find out equivalent names/availability in the country you are visiting and make sure you have medical insurance
- Avoid long waits in lobbies or terminal buildings (mind your bags and phones/laptops etc)- plan your trip!
- Protect you official documents
- Explore your new city with friends and avoid traveling alone (especially after dark) – ask staff for advice
- Take care when socialising and be mindful of your drinks – soft drinks or otherwise!
- Have your cell phone charged and with you (have emergency numbers loaded on your phone)
- Be sure you tell friends where you have gone